Skip the boring drills and master the 12 core techniques of fingerstyle guitar playing, all while learning actual BEAUTIFUL music!
Watch the video for all the details ⬇️
Hi, I'm Nathan Mills.
A professional guitarist with a master's degree in classical guitar performance, founder of BeyondTheGuitar.com and its YouTube channel of over 500,000 subscribers, AND...
... I do not practice my scales!
(I know... blasphemy, right?)
🎸 The guitar world is screaming at you
That, to be a great guitarist, you need to spend hours practicing scales.
😎 And every "internet guitar guru"
Seems to have some new magic drill or exercise that promises to finally turn you into a guitar god...
... and yet all their drills sound like the musical equivalent of fingernails on a chalkboard and somehow each exercise turns out to be more boring than the last 😬
While pursuing my undergraduate and master's degrees in classical guitar performance, I spent the majority of my time practicing and playing actual music that I loved, while many of my classmates were slaving away over drills and scales.
I figured out early on that,
In most cases, you can master all of the same techniques that these drills target - by simply turning sections of actual music into exercises themselves
Now, with the technical foundation I built using this method - I'm able to play the music I love beautifully for an audience of over 500,000 people through my YouTube channel, all while helping thousands of guitarists around the globe develop their technique so they can play the music they love.
So how does this help YOU?
🐌 Your progress is slow because you're bouncing from drill to drill, but never following through and committing to something for the long term
You'll see far better results by practicing a few beautiful pieces of music that target specific techniques, because you'll actually enjoy playing them - which motivates you to stick with it and practice them every day!
⏰ You're busy. So why on earth would you want to spend your limited practice time playing things you don't enjoy??
You don't have to choose between developing your technique or playing music you love. You can do both at the same time and enjoy every moment of your practice time!
With this method, you only need 2 things to become an excellent fingerstyle player:
1. The right music
You need to find pieces of music that specifically target and use the techniques you're trying to develop.
Trying to improve your scales? Practice a piece with a scale passage in it. Trying to play faster arpeggios? Practice a song that uses lots of arpeggios.
Seems obvious, but the catch here is that the music has to use the techniques in a way that's straightforward and simple enough to allow you to focus entirely on the technique itself without being bogged down and distracted by everything else going on in the music.
2. Clear direction
In order to see the greatest and most efficient progress in your playing, you need clear direction on HOW to practice these techniques.
Blind repetition doesn't cut it.
You need to have a deep understanding of each technique so you know exactly what you're doing wrong and have a clear path to follow in your practice to master each technique.
So you're probably wondering:
What pieces or songs should I start playing that target the techniques I need?
What techniques should I even be focusing on in the first place to improve my fingerstyle playing?
Where do I go to get clear guidance on how to properly play and improve each of these techniques?
Let me help you with that.
My 90-Day Fingerstyle Technique Course built around
13 Beautiful pieces of music
That teach you to master the
That you need in order to play your favorite fingerstyle or classical guitar pieces beautifully...
So you don't have to rely on boring drills!
Your Fingerstyle Journey
Throughout our 90-Day Fingerstyle Journey together...
Each lesson will introduce a new technique and a new beautiful piece of music for you to practice that week to master that technique.
We start simple, and as the weeks progress and as your skill improves through the program - the music and techniques become increasingly advanced so that at the end of the 90 days,
You'll be equipped with everything you need to play your favorite fingerstyle or classical guitar music!
Click to see what you'll be learning in each lesson:
Week 1: Weight - The Key To Effortless Playing
Week 7: Harmonics - The "Secret Weapon"
Week 2: Scales - Speed And Fluidity
Week 8: Flexibility - Reach Massive Stretches
Week 3: Hammer-On's & Pull-Off's - Force And Precision
Week 9: Finger Independence - Developing Absolute Control
Week 4: Tone - Play Beautifully
Week 10: Vibrato - Add Personality To Your Playing
Week 5: Arpeggios - The Backbone Of Fingerstyle
Week 11: Chords & Legato - Transition Seamlessly
Week 6: Bar Chords - No More Pain!
Week 12: Dynamics - Dimension And Depth
So how much does Fingerstyle Journey cost?
The value, content, and direct access to your teacher you're getting with this 13-week program is comparable to a semester-long music course at a university, which I’ve paid over $1,000 each for.
Studying with me 1-on-1 via private lessons costs $100 an hour. So with the 13 weekly lessons in this program, it would cost you over $1,300 to learn all the material in this course from me privately!
But I want to make this knowledge as easily accessible and affordable as possible for any guitarist out there who wants to be able to play their favorite fingerstyle or classical guitar pieces beautifully…
Don't forget: it's completely risk free
Literal years of teaching and planning went into the creation of the curriculum I teach here in Fingerstyle Journey - and I have absolute confidence that this course will transform your playing. I've seen it happen for hundreds of students already!
BUT - I want you to feel confident about this, and to give you the chance to experience this course and transformation for yourself with zero risk. So, I'm doing something a little crazy... To make this a no-brainer deal for you - I'm giving you a 60-day 100% money-back guarantee with your purchase of Fingerstyle Journey today.
That's right: Work through the course at your own pace, check out the bonuses, jump into the community, download and enjoy playing the 13 beautiful pieces of music I composed for this course, put in the work - and if you don't love it in the first 60 days of your purchase, send me an email and I'll refund you immediately.
No questions asked, no hard feelings.
If Fingerstyle Journey doesn't work for you, I'd much prefer for you to take your money and invest it in another one of my programs or elsewhere where you will be happier and get results. I just want you to be able to play music you love, and to be able to play it beautifully!
Now, if you sign up for Fingerstyle Journey today - you're getting the "All-Access Mastery Bundle" with a ton of incredible bonuses...
BONUS #1: The "Perfect Practice" System
How to make more progress in your playing over the next 90 days than in YEARS prior (with less effort, and more fun).
- Weekly 60-minute group practice sessions with me personally (on Zoom) where we practice a short piece of music together and I show you how to practice effectively and efficiently - so you can make more progress with just 30 minutes a day than most other guitarists would with HOURS (all sessions are recorded if you can’t attend LIVE, and you’ll have access to the library of 70+ previous sessions to enjoy at your convenience)
- “Practice Space → Happy Place” training where you’ll learn how to optimize your practice space and transform it into a distraction-free “happy place” that you can’t wait to step into every day (in 5 quick and easy steps)
- “Ready, Set, Routine!” training where you’ll learn how to structure a productive practice routine that focuses on all the right things you specifically need to improve (and ignores the rest); a routine that rewards you with noticeable progress daily; and a routine that you can realistically and effortlessly stick to for the long term - because you truly enjoy it
- “Mastering Muscle Memory” training where you’ll learn how to literally ELIMINATE mistakes in your practice (yes, you read that right… not “make fewer mistakes”... ELIMINATE mistakes!) so you can learn new music faster and truly enjoy your practice - free of the frustration from those nagging mistakes that have plagued you in the past.
BONUS #2: The Busy Dad's Practice Playbook
How to manage your time and make your practice so effective that you have even MORE time to spend with your family and do other things you love.
- Personalized Time Management Tool that will optimize your daily routine to create more time for guitar practice without sacrificing time with the people and things that are important to you
- The “Practice Routine Cheatsheet” that takes all the guesswork out of making your own routine by giving you a list of practice routines to choose from, tailored specifically to fit this program - divided into different options based on your daily available practice time and practice goals. Whether you’re a busy working dad and can only spare 30 minutes a day to practice, or retired with lots of newly found free time - there’s a routine here that will work for you, so you can be confident you will succeed in this program.
BONUS #3: Bad Habit Bootcamp
How to obliterate bad habits in your technique and guarantee they never show their ugly faces again!
- “The Habit Hitlist” - a comprehensive training to easily and systematically identify and eliminate any bad habits that are slowing your progress with the guitar.
- “‘The Hateful Eight’ Progress Killers” training where you’ll learn to identify the 8 practice habits that keep guitarists stuck for years, and how to avoid them so you can break through your progress plateaus once and for all
BONUS #4: The "Never Start-Over Again" Accountability System
My fail-proof system that makes consistency easy; forming a habit of daily practice for you that will stick for a lifetime.
- Daily practice log check-in’s with me in our private community (don’t worry, it’s as quick and painless as checking a box after you practice every day)
- Access to a private community of busy (but committed) guitarists, just like you - sharing wins, encouraging, and holding each other accountable, so you never have to go at it alone
- Custom Practice Journal to track your progress and keep your practice laser-focused
BONUS #5: Burnout Breakthrough Blueprint
How to learn new music faster so you don't get stuck working on the same old pieces for months, and how to keep your practice fun and fresh so you literally never burn out.
- “Fretboard Mastery” training with the “30-Day Fretboard Fast Track” system I’ve used to help hundreds of students memorize the entire fretboard in 30 days or less (with just a few minutes of daily practice). You’ll be shocked at how much faster you learn new music once you’ve memorized the fretboard!
- The “Anti-Burnout Playbook” - a collection of 15 short and easy (but beautiful!) fingerstyle pieces (with accompanying video tutorials) I composed specifically to combat burnout. Feeling motivation fading and burnout creeping in? Grab one of these pieces and enjoy a “quick-win” playing some beautiful music with minimal effort.
- “JumpStart Arranging” mini-course - take a creative detour with me as I guide you step-by-step through creating your very own guitar arrangement, from start to finish. Sometimes the best medicine for burnout is to stop thinking about technique, stop worrying about mistakes, and allow yourself to do something purely creative. Think of this course as a fun musical sidequest!
BONUS #6: Passionate Performance Primer
Master the techniques and bulletproof mindset needed to deliver unforgettable performances with confidence. Never again will you need to hit the panic button when that friend insists you "Play something!" at your next dinner party.
- Weekly performance opportunities via Zoom meetups so you can get comfortable with the art of performing in a friendly, encouraging, and low-pressure environment with other students from the community who are still learning, just like you.
- “Play With Heart” Masterclass. All the technique in the world is useless if you don’t know how to play the guitar with heart. In this course you'll learn the techniques required to convey real emotion in your playing, emotion that moves you and your audience to feel something meaningful from your performance. Audiences don’t remember a performance based on how impressed they were, instead - they never forget performances based on how you made them feel.
- “The Bulletproof Mind”: A Guitarist’s Guide To Fearless & Unforgettable Performances - A collection of mindset shifts and practical techniques that world class musicians and performers have adopted over the years to overcome performance anxiety, empowering them to deliver their absolute best performances under pressure. This guide will completely transform how you view “performing” and will give you the bulletproof mindset you need to truly enjoy playing music for your loved ones, no longer being crippled by fear and anxiety.
So here's what you're getting today when you join Fingerstyle Journey:
Lifetime access to the 90-Day Fingerstyle Journey course featuring 26 video lessons teaching the 12 core fingerstyle techniques through 13 beautiful pieces of music ($399 value)
- BONUS #1: The "Perfect Practice" System ($399 value)
- BONUS #2: The Busy Dad's Practice Playbook ($99 value)
- Bonus #3: Bad Habit Bootcamp ($150 value)
- Bonus #4: The "Never Start-Over Again" Accountability System ($99 value)
- Bonus #5: Burnout Breakthrough Blueprint ($299 value)
- Bonus #6: Passionate Performance Primer ($199 value)
Total value for all of this amazing training = $1,644
You're seconds away...
When you login to the private members area, you'll be able to access the entire Fingerstyle Journey program and begin watching the video lessons immediately.
You can take the course on any device you like: computer, tablet, or phone. As long as you have internet access, you have the course!
And remember, when you join you get lifetime access to this material - even if I update and add to it in the future.
Imagine 90 days from now...
You could choose to miss out on this opportunity and continue to attempt to improve your fingerstyle technique on your own...
You're still aimlessly bouncing around from YouTube video to YouTube video, a random drill here, a dead-end exercise there, from one song to another - without a plan and never committing to anything.
You haven't learned a single new song from start-to-finish because something always causes you to get stuck...
A bar chord that keeps buzzing no matter how hard you squeeze... A big stretchy chord you can't reach... A blazing arpeggio your fingers just can't keep up with...
And then the cycle starts over... Back to YouTube. Back to more exercises and guitar gurus making empty promises. And little by little your enthusiasm to practice dwindles to nothing as your progress slows to a halt.
You could choose to join me on this Fingerstyle Journey today and have 13 beautiful pieces in your repertoire!
Your practice is fun and rewarding again because, not only are these pieces beautiful and fun to play - but they're helping you see unprecedented progress in your playing and with these techniques you've been struggling with for so long.
Bar chords are no longer painful... You're reaching chords that felt impossible 90 days ago... Your plucking hand blazes through quick arpeggios with ease and precision...
You have a clear path forward to grow into the guitarist you've dreamed of - with the guidance of a teacher and the support of a community of like-minded guitarists.
Join Fingerstyle Journey today, and let me help you make the most of your precious and limited practice time and, most importantly, help you enjoy every second of it!
Questions & Answers
I'm an absolute beginner at the guitar. Is Fingerstyle Journey for me?
I don't know if I'm ready - can I join this course later?
I play a steel-string "acoustic guitar" instead of a nylon-string "classical guitar". Will this course work for me?
Do I have to complete the course in 90 days?
How are the lessons structured? Will it be easy for me to follow along?
Remind me what I'm getting for my payment of $397?
P.S. Don't forget that when you join Fingerstyle Journey you are joining risk-free. You have an entire 60 days to jump into the course, work through the lessons at your own pace, check out the bonuses, download and enjoy playing the 13 beautiful pieces of music I composed for this course, put in the work - and THEN decide if it's right for you.
See you on the inside...